If you are a lawyer and have issues with ethics, meaning that you do not think ethical conduct should get in the way of terminating tenured Department employees who, you have heard, lie, cheat, steal, have sex with minor children in their workplaces, and alter records as well as take money that isn't theirs, and you want to be head of a team of lawyers who violate the rule of law and rules of evidence to fire these wrong-doers, then the current job opportunity is for you!
The position at the NYC DOE assures you immunity for any mishandling of any case of misconduct where the tenured employee is not terminated, which is always somebody's fault at the ATU or the error of the arbitrator who, of course you can fire at the end of the school year when the arbitrators' contracts are up for renewal. I'm sure that if you keep in mind that "all Respondents accused of misconduct are guilty when charged" is the prevailing policy, that you can always schedule the miscreant for a probable cause hearing where the rights to cross-examine by the Respondent's representative of any DOE witness is prohibited, and that you must make sure that your legal team spends as much time as possible altering facts and making scripts for witnesses to study and learn before they testify, you will be fine.
Go to the link and apply. Good luck. Oh - you may end up on this blog, as well!!!
This is my opinion.
See my post about what I think about DOE Attorney Michael Francis
Editor, NYC Rubber Room Reporter
Editor, New York Court Corruption
Editor, National Public Voice
Editor, NYC Public Voice
Editor, Inside 3020-a Teacher Trials
Office of the General Counsel
- The legal office is comprised of the General Practice Unit, the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) Unit, the ISC Counsel, the Special Education Unit, the Commercial Unit, and the Ethics Officer.
- The investigative office is comprised of the Office of Special Investigations, and the Office of Equal Opportunity.
- The disciplinary office is comprised of the Administrative Trials Unit, and the Teacher Performance Unit.
- The audit office is comprised of the Office of the Auditor General.
- The labor office is comprised of the Office of Labor Relations.
- The compliance office is comprised of the Office of Compliance Services.
- The Office of Federal and State Regulatory Compliance (OFSRC) is comprised of the Administrative Legal Unit.
Administrative Trials Unit
According to The Green Book online, this is Laura Brantley's new number:
Office of Equal Opportunity & Diversity Management – Laura Brantley