If you have never been certified to teach, then you can apply to the NYC Teaching Collaborative and be an instant teacher.
These newbies can fill all those positions that may be open in October, 2017 so that the principals don't have to hire ATRs.
This quick teaching experience idea is not new, I've written about it in 2014 and 2012:
This ad says "Starts in September 2018". Must be the higher starting salary, up from $49,000.
Editor, NYC Rubber Room Reporter
Editor, New York Court Corruption
Editor, National Public Voice
Editor, NYC Public Voice
Editor, Inside 3020-a Teacher Trials
Details: • Starting salary of at least $56,711 and full benefits following the residency experience (starting September 2018)
- Stipend during residency experience
- Starting salary of at least $56,711 and full benefits following the residency experience (starting September 2018)
- Partially subsidized Master’s degree in education
- Ongoing coaching and feedback
- Opportunities to support future Collaborative cohorts
- Commitment to raising the academic achievement of students in low-income communities
- Desire to join a community of educators at a high-need school
- Ability to respond well to coaching and feedback
- Success and leadership in past endeavors
- Perseverance in the face of challenges
- Ability to think critically and analytically
- Desire to grow professionally and seek new opportunities to learn
- Integrity and clarity in all interactions
- Passion for working with the youth of New York City