I am currently looking to make the move from public back to private organization with the eagerness to create strong partnerships across the lines.
• Recruitment – With specific focus on time-sensitive classroom positions, provided principals with highly qualified candidates in 2011, 2012, 2013 by establishing relationships with central office staff and education focused colleges. Ensured candidates moved through the hiring process efficiently and with constant follow-up.
• Training – Identified professional development opportunities in human resources areas such as a payroll or HR systems needs for the principals support staff. Designed and delivered training in the HR areas of needs for school based professionals.
• Employee Relations – Proactively engaged with school officials to deliver guidance and counseling on a variety of NYCDOE employee relations issues. Partnered with legal counsel to ensure successful resolution of complex employment matters.
• Organizational Change – Serves as an advocate for schools, engaging CFN Leadership and Central HR in human resources policy changes resulting in direct compliance increasing the human resources capacity of the school.
• Recruitment – Restructured recruiting efforts for multiple locations across the country through the creation of an interview guide, applicant guide and recommended channels for candidate recruitment; integrated to intranet for easy accessibility by all directors which streamlined the process and saved 30% in recruiting costs.
• Change Management – Participated in the selection of third-party outsourcing partner and worked with managers to communicate decision to displaced employees. Partnered with department throughout transition period to ensure proper hand-off of responsibilities while also paying close attention to employee morale issues.
• Benefits Upgrade- Reduced overall company benefit costs by 11% after researching and implementing plan and tier changes; made recommendations that were accepted, to initiate a 100% employer paid benefit plan for a final savings of 8%. Included in this expansion of services were Domestic Partner benefits and an Employee Assistance Program that included dependents of domestic partners as well.
• Performance Appraisal / Review – Oversaw execution of the full-cycle annual review process. Organized and attended committee meetings where employee performance appraisals were presented to executive level management for content and merit increase approval.
•• Training – Developed employee relations and legal training for non-exempt employees, and created a management training series to assist newly promoted managers in delegation, coaching, and developing their own talent.
• Project Management-Oversaw the implementation of New York City’s strategy to comply with “No Child Left Behind” Highly Qualified Teacher guidelines for over 80,000 New York City teachers; raised “No Child Left Behind” compliance by 10%.
• Analytics- Analyzed certification completion and communication strategies aimed at New York City teachers and administrators by trouble-shooting certification issues, certification renewal, and making recommendations for necessary projects and improvements. Teacher staff “in danger” of being laid off because of expired certificates were greatly reduced by 50 % from the prior year.
• Partnering- Compiled briefing documents for senior management created for successful lobbying purposes with the Department of Education and the State Education Department to suggest certification changes.
• Employee Relations – Partnered with Senior Legal Counsel to advise Principals on staff issues and performance to dramatically decrease grievances and a focus on rating appropriately as well as granting tenure.
• Recruitment- Reduced the number of time-sensitive vacancies by screening out resumes and contacting candidates before they reached the principal.
Involved self with recruiting process by reviewing and selecting undergraduate and graduate applications for management review and coordinating interviews.
Assisted Vice President in administrative duties such as answering phones, preparing reports and business letters, created power point presentations.